2.Required standardised examinations (GRE and TOEFL)
3.Letter of recommendation
4.Letter of financial support (i.e Bank Statement and Affidavit of Support)
5.Statement of Purpose
6.Attested copy of the marksheets
7.Complete Admission Form along with the Application fee.
A student who has completed his graduation should submit the complete Transcript while a student who has not yet completed his graduation can submit the Transcript uptil what exams he has cleared.
The Transcript should be in a proper format as decided by the college. All the Theory, Term, Oral and practical marks should be mentioned in the Transcript.
The Transcript should be neat and clean. It should be understood to everybody.
Required standardised examinations (GRE and TOEFL)
For doing the Master's in any of the Major intended field, it is very necessary to give GRE and TOEFL exams.
For the processing of the admission, it is necessary to send GRE and TOEFL score to the University.
Letter of Recommendation
Along with the Official Transcript and standardised examinations (GRE and TOEFL), it is also necessary to send them the letter of Recommendation. Most of the Universities ask for the 3 letters of Recommendation from 3 different proffesors.
The letter of Recommendation discusses our general behaviour, talent present in us, our skills and many other things. It is upto the proffesor that how well he Recommends you.
Letter of financial support (i.e Bank Statement and Affidavit of Support)
The most important thing that the university requires is that how the candidate is going to fund himself. It is important to show the Bank statement stating that the student is capable of funding himself.
The minimum amount he should show is around 15,000 U.S Dollars.
Along with the Bank Statement, it is also necessary to show the Affidavit of Support. We get this document from the court. Remember that all the financial documents should be attested by the Notary.
For getting the Bank Statement, it is not necessary that the student who is going for M.S should have his own account in the bank. His Mom or Dad can hold the account and can sponser him or her whoever is going to abroad.
It is always advisable to show a bit large amount in your Bank Statement. Because this helps you further when you go to collect your Visa.
The officer who is giving the Visa first of all looks at your funding position. If he is satisfied with this, he can sanction your Visa, provided there are no errors in the rest of your documents. If the student gets some sort of aid from the university, then the Visa giving officer does not give much stress on your funding documents.
Statement of Purpose
A Statement of purpose is one of the most important documents of your application package.
Your Statement of purpose should be such that it should convince the Graduate officer to give you the admit at his university. You should write your each and every plus point so as to impress the Graduate officer. Do not fake anything more about yourself. Be sincere and upto the point.
Write about your Academic record, your extra curricular activities and also a few about your project. This might help you in getting the Research Assistantship.
The better your Statement of purpose, the golden chances you have in getting the Financial aid. You should be able to convince the Graduate officer that you are the perfect student for the major field intended.
Points to be remembered while writing a statement of purpose:
1. Take enough time to write your statement of purpose.Think about how you can be more impressive and sincere at the same time.
2. Highlight the plus points about of your personality and your academics.
3. Try and cover up for your pitfalls with your plus points.
4. Fluency is very important while writing a statement of purpose. NEVER use words that you are not very familiar with. Try and be specific rather than using hi fundu words which dont even put across half of what you have to say.
5. Be original. This is one of the most important things while writing a statement of purpose. NEVER copy anybodys statement of purposes and esp. of your batchmates. For all you know you your friend both my get a reject if you apply to the same university.
6. Dont forget to mention the extra work that you might have done besides your regular course work. This should include the projects or papers that you might have presented in your college days or any special rewards that you have won.
7. Remember that your chances of getting an assistanceship increase if you have previous research experience in your field of interest.
8. Last but the most important thing is to mention very clearly your FIELD OF INTEREST because if the university to which you are applying has projects going on in your field of interest, your chances of getting an assistanceship automatically become bright.
An example of SOP
Attested copy of the marksheets
Few of the Universities ask for the marksheets along with the Official Transcript. So, it is advisable to have your marksheets attested from your principal right in the beginning.
Complete Admission Form along with the Application fee
The admission form should be correctly filled up without committing any mistake. You can also use the Xerox of the admission form for filling up. The admission form should be neat and tidy.
Along with the admission form, it is necessary to submit all the documents as mentioned above and the application fee. The application fee should not be send by cash. It is better to send by D.D. And the currency should be in U.S. Dollars only.
Site created and maintained by
Bhawen,Santosh,Tushar,Vinayraj and Vinay